January 18, 2007

Marathon in Redding, California


We are just back from Redding, California where I ran my first marathon. What a great experience! The race started on Lake Shasta Dam, followed the Sacramento river down to Redding, and finished across the beautiful Sundial Bridge. A total of 26.2 miles (42.2 km). The last four miles where the hardest, but I knew Michelle and Ingrid were waiting for me at the finish, so I couldn't stop running. My race time was 3 hours and 44 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's it going Mr.& Mrs. Lavoll, guess who tracked ya down? Just saw some pictures of your beautiful daughter congrats, I knew ya had it in ya Kjell!!! Hey Kjell you still into Bjork, or was that just a living with the Ertz's phase. How's the snow treating you, Stephanie & I loving it down herer in Scottsdale, AZ. Guess what Michele my brother bought a house just down the road from your old house on Timbercrest Drive, and his last name is Komperud. If you haven't figured it out it is I, Alex. I just moved down to Arizona back in November with my girlfriend Stephanie. She's working at a country club managing the restaurant, and I'm going to flight school, I'll be scanning the sky for ya Kjell! Hope everything is going great for you guy's, you should E-mail me at Kennykrude@hotmail.com and give me your phone# so I can give you a jingle-jangle. 1/23/07

Vidar Lavoll said...

hallais og gratulerer med kjempetid og stor prestasjon - skikkelig sprekt. Din gamle bror ble litt misunnelig, men må vel innse at knærne ikke holder lenger...

hils Michelle + Ingrid

;-)